Engineer by day, beadweaver by night (mostly), I like to look for answers to questions.
How do things work? What inspires you? What do you wonder about?
Explore the journey to creativity together.


Sunday, November 8, 2009

Snowflakes

This weekend I wanted to make some beaded snowflakes. I have made beaded flowers and stars before, but never snowflakes. I had to experiment to come up with a pattern with the look I wanted.

I started with a six pointed star in the center:Then I added branched structures to represent ice crystals. My first branches were a little bit floppy, so I added more branching to add to the "iciness" of the snowflake and also to help stablize the whole shape. The end result looks like this:

3 comments:

  1. love your snowflakes, great to play with the beads and be proud of your work, nice feeling isn't it ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Hope you're still reading posts here....do you have instructions on how to make this snowflake? It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts, questions and stories!