Engineer by day, beadweaver by night (mostly), I like to look for answers to questions.
How do things work? What inspires you? What do you wonder about?
Explore the journey to creativity together.


Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Sky's The Limit




Have you ever walked outside, looked up at the sky, and thought "Wow!"... This happens to me all the time. The sky is full of light and always changing. It is a real source of inspiration. The photos to the left are of clouds in the Willamette Valley. They often look like this in spring and fall, when the weather is alternating between sunny and rainy. Clouds like this always make me want to run home, pull out my silver-lined matte grey beads, and make something cool.

The sky can have incredible variety, though. Years ago, I went to graduate school in Alabama. Sometimes the sky down there became so dramatic it looked otherworldly. Sadly, as a poor graduate student I didn't have a camera, so I don't have any pictures to post for you.

I've put together my first treasury - a collection of Etsy Beadweavers Team pieces with the theme "sky inspired". I encourage you to click on the link below to take a look and enjoy these artist's vision. If you like what you see, you can even leave them a comment.

>>> Click here to see "The Sky's The Limit"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts, questions and stories!