Engineer by day, beadweaver by night (mostly), I like to look for answers to questions.
How do things work? What inspires you? What do you wonder about?
Explore the journey to creativity together.


Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Waterfall Bracelet

Some of you have followed this project, which started with a day trip to the Columbia River Gorge, then progressed as I continued beading at home.  Now have have finished the project:



I lengthened it into a bracelet and embellishing it with freshwater pearls, labradorite, and peridot.  I used labradorite and peridot chips for a more natural feel.  I used freshwater pearls with a little bit of texture to the surface for the same reason. I made the clasp out of a lampwork bead in my stash that reminds me of a waterfall:


Thank you all for your encouragement!

7 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and I loved the story behind it. I can definitely see the waterfall in the bracelet. Your choice of beads were perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous...
    I've always loved textured pearls..combined with peridot is just beautiful! You're so talented, Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great! I love how the waterfall was your inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I remember the beginning of this project - it is gorgeous, gorgeous! I love it Connie:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your bracelet! very elegant , love it when a piece is made and has a story behind it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts, questions and stories!