Engineer by day, beadweaver by night (mostly), I like to look for answers to questions.
How do things work? What inspires you? What do you wonder about?
Explore the journey to creativity together.


Sunday, September 11, 2011

Inspired by a Blogger

Last week I read a blog post from Duni about how popular gray, pink and orchid are right now.  She showed some lovely pictures of this color scheme.  A few days ago, I was looking at a necklace that had gotten broken because it had been thrown in a drawer with sharp objects (don't ever do this to your jewelry, by the way).  This is the only picture I have of it:
I got to thinking, when I repair this necklace, I could add some pink and orchid to it to give it a little more pizzaz.  So I did.

This is my Work In Progress picture:
I liked the idea, but I felt the center piece was a little dull, so I added pink to it:

 I like the way the labradorite flashes complement the colors in the necklace.
 I just listed this necklace in my Etsy store today.  What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. The necklace looks so good! I love that you added pink and orchid to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Connie,
    I feel so honoured that my blog post inspired you...and - ooooh - the necklace is STUNNING. The pink and orchid complements the gray perfectly and makes it a lot brighter! Your work is simply amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The necklace is beautiful! It's always extra nice when you were so inspired by something or someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soft iridescence. Reminds me of the ghostly glow found in some caves...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts, questions and stories!